We reserve the right to refuse service to any person who wouldn’t comply with this policy.
All students are required to be members of the Alliance Française of Edmonton in order to enroll in classes. The membership fee will be
added on top of the tuition costs. Membership is refundable when withdrawal is accepted (notice made at least 24h before the first lesson)
Students are requested to pay full tuition and the membership (upon first registration, or renewal if expired) prior
to the start of the session.
- The cost of books and membership is separate from tuition fee.
Payment can me made by cash, cheque, debit or credit card (Visa/Mastercard) at the main office, over the phone, or on our website. A
$25 surcharge will be levied on all checks returned to AFE with insufficient funds,
and payment will then have to be made by cash or debit/credit card.
- Discounts cannot be accumulated with one another.
- Senior discounts are offered for student over 65 years old.
- Family discounts are offered when two or more members of the same family register in courses.
- A bundle discount is offered when a student registers for two course or more during the same session.
- The early-bird discounts are offered until a week before the first class of the course.
- Books are compulsory for most classes.
- Tuition costs do not include textbooks.
- They can be picked up at our main office on appointment.
- No book can be returned once it has been visibly used.
Alliance Française of Edmonton reserves the right to postpone, reschedule or cancel a class if enrollment does not meet the minimum
enrollment requirement (5 students). In the event that a course is cancelled, or if the new schedule is no longer working for a given
student, AFE will offer one of the following option:
- a transfer to another class
- a credit note
- a full refund
Class transfers must be requested before the 3rd class of the session. Administration reserves the right to refuse a transfer for the
- Low registration number
- Level of the class does not correspond to the student’s level.
Withdrawals and refunds:
All withdrawals must be received in writing in the form of an email or letter (with a postmark establishing the date of the request). Please
state the course name and the reason for the withdrawing. Withdrawals or refunds cannot be made by telephone. Please note that the
absence from class does not constitute notice of withdrawal. Refunds
will be processed within 10 days according to the following policies.
Withdrawals received 10 business days prior to the start date of the course: Students will be refunded full
tuition, minus a $30 processing fee. Refunds will be processed to the card used for payment or issued in the form of a cheque if payment was
made by cash or cheque.
Withdrawals received 3 business days before the first lesson but less than 10 business days prior to the start date of the
will be refunded full tuition, minus a $50 administration fee. Refunds will be processed to the card used for payment or issued in the form
of a cheque if payment was made by cash or cheque.
Withdrawals received less than 3 business days before the start date of the course: No refund and no credit note
will be issued as a contracted teacher is already assigned and expenses & salary are already engaged
Missed and make-up class:
Group class fees will not be pro-rated. Students should inform their teacher of any foreseen absence.
- to allow the teacher to prepare for the class accordingly;
- to be informed about what they miss;
- to receive homework assignments.
Students may schedule a one-hour private make-up class with a teacher (to be purchased separately) for an additional $50 fee. Students
should contact the class coordinator to arrange for such a class. The class has to be booked and paid in advance and is subject to
availability of teachers and classrooms. All cancellations for a catch-up class require one business day notice.
Behaviour and misconduct:
Students are expected to have a respectful behaviour in class and contribute to an atmosphere of learning and study. Students displaying a
behaviour that disturbs classmates will be asked to leave the class or will not be allowed to attend any further classes. Such behaviour
- Poor hygiene.
- Repeatedly inappropriately interrupting the class.
- Hateful comments.
- Any other behaviour that may be considered misconduct from the student.